chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Cards for the Troops!
So far we have already collected over 100 cards at this weekend's Cupcakes For A Cure Scrap Pink Crop in Hesperia, CA!! How many cards can you create? Here's all the details for submitting your cards to our Cards For Troops Campaign this year:
- Cards must come with envelopes. Tip: buy the envelopes first and make the cards to fit inside.
- Cards should be shipped with the back of the card inside the envelope and the front of the card outside the envelope (half in, half out). This makes it easier for them to look at the cards, to choose which they like and helps keep the envelopes together with the macthing card. If you get creative and there is not a way to put the cards 1/2 in and 1/2 out, then please ship them in clear bags, or envelopes so they don't get separated. Tip: www.clearbags.com sells clear envelopes that are inexpensive and a great way to send us your cards.If you buy from them and enter our group code CP1010, they will donate 5% of your purchases to Royalty.
- Cards should be rectangle and up to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 will ship for regular postage. Tip: square envelopes cost extra to send.
- If you decorate the front with 3d embellishments or chunky glitter, it helps to include a blank piece of paper to place on the front of the cards to protect it when shipping.
Deadline for Scrapbook Royalty to RECEIVE your cards:
Sunday, NOVEMBER 1, 2009
Jennifer Priest, our Creative Director, will be touring Southern California scrapbook stores on World Card Making Day teaching a Prima Certified make n take:
This World Card Making Day let's get a little and give a little. Jennifer will be touring So Cal, visiting scrapbook stores with her "traveling art bar" of Prima goodies all weekend!
Create 4 handmade cards for $10 using Prima's new e-line of embellishments plus their always fabulous papers, stamps, and lace! We'll play a little with Copics and Quickutz as well. After you create your 4 cards, you're welcome to create as many cards as you like, using the supplies from Jennifer's art bar, to donate to the troops. Jennifer will collect the cards as the day goes along and donate them all to Scrapbook Royalty's Cards for Troops Campaign. You can create the cards for as long as she is at each store so don't miss out!!
@ Collective Journey in Redlands, CA
October 3 at 12pm
@ Pink Pineapple Scrapbooks in Vista, CA
October 3 at 3pm
@ The Red Bee in Tustin, CA
October 3 at 6pm
@ The Scrappin' Table in Placentia, CA
Just show up--no need to call and sign up. You can also bring cards you've made at home to donate to the troops. Please join Jennifer in making some cards, learning some fun techniques, and in "giving back" creatively ;)! Plus since it's a Prima class, she will have prizes!!
Can't make it to the make n takes?
Here are some ideas for creating & collecting cards:
- Consultants-- host a card making night for your customers! Have them make one, then take one. Or have each of your downline donate 5 cards!
- Gather your friends together on World Card Making Day for a mini crop. Create your own holiday cards, setting aside every 5th card to donate.
- Go through your scrap bin and create cards. See how many cards you can create essentially "for free"!
- Scout Leaders and Teachers--take some basic supplies to class or to your next meeting have each of the children create a card for the troops. You'll have have 30-50 cards in no time!
- Ask your Local Scrapbook Store (LSS) if you can host a card making crop or make n take day.
- Encourage your LSS or the hostess of the crops or retreats you attend to challenge the participants to create cards. Nan Paturzo recently MC'd Scrapbook Royalty's Scrap Pink crop and gave a goodie to the next 5 people who brought her 5 cards in an hour.
---Posted by Jennifer Priest