This week the committee and volunteers were on hand to watch as the founder of SBR, Elena Etcheverry received the Channel 10 Leadership Award. Watch it on San Diego's Channel 10 6 o'clock news on April 10th, 2008. We will also post it on the website! We are so excited to get this commendation for our hard work. Special thanks to Pink Pineapple Scrapbooks for letting us take over their crop room for the award presentation, Maryam from Cancer Coping Center for making the adorable goodie bags, and to Robin Slominsky for catering the beautiful "Royal-Tea" luncheon.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Posted by Jennifer Priest at 9:04 AM
Friday, March 14, 2008
In order to raise more for the charities and get closer to our goal, we have decided to give everyone until the end of March to purchase tickets for our three raffles. Tell your family and friends - these are open to the public! So hurry and purchase your tickets, we will be drawing the raffle on April 1st, Good luck!
Purchase your tickets at this link...
- The first drawing is for a gift certificate from Bradford Renaissance Portraits and is worth $3000. This includes photography and a 16x20 wall portrait hand embellished with oil paints. Tickets for this raffle are $20 each.
- The second is for a Rowley Portraiture 14" wall canvas which includes a sitting for a single child 3 and up. Valued at $1000, tickets for this raffle are $10 each.
- The third is for a brand new Cricut electronic cutter valued at $300. Tickets for this raffle are $10 each.
Posted by Jennifer Priest at 8:03 AM
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
It took us a few days to total everything but finally, we know that the Queen of Silent Auctions is...
...Which means she not only brought in $1000 in donations (and was crowned Queen of Philanthropy), but she also spent the most money on silent auctions!! Thank you so much Michelle!! It is because of generous people like you that so many charities like the Boys & Clubs, Rady Children's Hospital, and ourselves can offer services to others.
As of right now, we have raised:
- $10829 to be split between Rady Children's hospital and the Boys and Girls Club of
- $740.60 for our Families Affected by the 2007 Wildfires fund
- $115 for BeLoved (1/2 of the money raised through massages)
There will be more!! We will be posting the information about the Cricut and Family Portrait raffles and are hoping to raise a whole bunch of money off of that!
Thanks again to everyone who attended! Your help and generosity has helped us to help other charities! Plus we get to do it while enjoying our wonderful craft of scrapbooking!
Posted by Jennifer Priest at 10:10 AM
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Here is my little recap on the event--it was a blast!!
Everyone seemed to have a good time and they were in the mood for charity--they bid on auction items, bought items from the charity table (buy items and 100% of the money goes to charity), got massages, and just enjoyed the day.
There were tons of fun classes too taught by some AMAZING instructors--I took Michelle Hill's class and Stephanie Ackerman's class. Stephanie is the inspiration and main creative mind behind the magazine Home + Heart, formerly known as Homegrown Hospitality, published by CK Media. It was awesome to get the star treatment from her as she sat wit us and chitchatted and made a little mini book for us. Stephanie is also known for her signature doodling and lettering and she made EVERYONE at the event a name tag that she hand doodled!! Wow! Michelle Hill's class was equally fun and she also gave everyone alot of individual attention, joking, and keeping things fun.
I did not get to take every class because I was teaching one at the same time as some of the others. All the projects were really cute and everyone seemed to really enjoy them. And they were FREE! Can't beat that!!
I will post pics of the projects we made tomorrow.
We had so many ways to raise money at the event:
- Queen of A Lot--donate a LOT of stuff to be auctioned off. Whoever's box raises the most money gets crowned "Queen of Alot" (I was this in 2006!)
- Queen of Silent Auctions -- Spend the most on silent auction bids and get crowned
- Queen of Philanthropy -- bring the most in monetary donations and get crowned--the lady who won this raised over $1100 all by herself!!
- Queen of Handmade Items -- I tied for this one but as I already have a crown and scissors, I passed it on--fetch the most money for handmade items donated to the silent auction and get crowned.
- Buy items from the donation table--all the money goes to the fire victims
- Buy items from the catalog table (such as from Laura Miller of Close to My Heart and Elena of Stampin' Up!)
- Buy items from Treasure for Charity, Melanie and Elena's store donating 20% of all sales
- And buying kits from me!! I had past class kits there for sale--sold out of some too! I donated 20% (which came to $50) of all sales to SBR.
Just a side note--if you know of a family or individual affected by the CA wildfires from October who is in need of assistance, please nominate them! Send an essay of 400 words or less to Scrapbook Royalty explaining why this family or individual needs our help, including a list of items they need help to purchase. It can be as simple as needing a garden hose or a crib or household tools--whatever kinds of things they need. If the family is chosen, Scrapbook Royalty will use the money they have raised to purchase these items for the family.
Back to the event---there was yummy food, tons of fun, balloons, each table had a different theme and the bathroom--they just go all out! They had a place making donuts on site for dessert after dinner--YUM! And lots of ladies brought scrumptious sweets they made at home to compete for "Queen of Sweets". And The SBR crew made sure we got Starbuck's at tea time -- if you registered during the early reg period you got a free tall Starbuck's!
Katie had a blast playing with my friend's daughter as well as playing in the childcare area--yes, they had childcare too!!
Pink Pineapple was offering shuttles to their store, just a few exits down the freeway from where we were cropping...
There was SOOOOOO much going on--I only got 1.5 pages done all 15 hours!!! That is crazy!!
If you missed out this crop, don't miss out next time! Get on SBR's e-mail newsletter list by signing up in the box in the upper left corner of this page.
We're still working on the numbers as far as the exact amount of money raised but we'll post it as soon as we're done.
Also, we're continuing the raffles for several super awesome prizes, such as a Cricut and a wonderful photography session! Links to the buttons to buy your raffle tix will be posted in the next few days.
Thanks everyone for coming out and supporting the Rady Children's Hospital and the Boys and Girls Clubs!
Posted by Jennifer Priest at 3:20 PM
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Check out what lead Fiskateer Cheryl had to say about us!!
And don't miss out on the Fantasyland Crop--we still have a handful of spots open!! See you there!
Posted by Jennifer Priest at 10:22 PM