Friday, July 16, 2010

Guest Blogger: Laura Bray




Hi! I'm Laura Bray, also known as katydiddys.

When Elena asked me to be a Scrapbook Royalty guest a blogger, I was so honored!

Since it's summer party time, I thought I would share a tutorial for creating custom party table setting using your scrapbook supplies.

I don't know about you, but I often buy paper and embellishments and then don't want to use them because they are too pretty.

I've found that using the supplies to set a party table really help me overcome my reluctance to use my treasure supplies.

So here's a video on just how to create a table setting. (P.S. I filmed the video this Spring for the PBS show Creative Living with Sheryl Borden. The episode will air sometime in 2011.)



To celebrate my guest spot on the Scrapbook Royalty blog today, I'm hosting a giveaway!


Felt Bakery Coasters

Simply leave a comment on this blog post and we'll draw a name at the end of week to win a set of my Felt Bakery Coasters!

I'm also donating 10% of my Etsy Shop sales made this week to Scrapbook Royalty!

Pop over to my shop and see what I have to offer!

Laura

23 comments:

Lauren Rodriguez said...

I loved seeing your blog, I never thought about making place settings with my beautiful scrapbook paper!

Krystall B. said...

I wish there were more hours in the day so i could create beautiful things like this! I have 2 little boys 3yo and 5mo who are a handful while their daddy is deployed! Maybe by the time he gets back i can put something like this together for a great dinner/date night in for us! Maybe we will be lucky enough to have a girl in the future so i can really enough all the scraping world has to offer!

talula79 said...

Great idea! Thank you for sharing!

allYson said...

So Cute...makes me want to bake some cupcakes and have an afternoon tea party! :)

Sarah Fravel said...

Too Stinkin' cute!! :) Love using up my stash...so great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Kat Baker said...

Great job Laura. Wonderful ideas.

amber said...

oh, this makes me want to go host a party...with my own table creations too! :)

Jennifer Carmichael said...

Just Fabulous...Just love them. They are so cute!!

Anita T said...

Congrats, Laura. Your place setting is adorable. What a creative idea! I love your cupcake coaster. Congrats on being the guest blogger!! WTG. girl!!

Aloha, anita

A Graywolfe said...

Love your blog thanks for the opportunity. cute stuff

Carla's Craft said...

Love your table settings Laura! And the felt coasters are so clever... and those are about as close as I'll get to a real cupcake for the next couple of months as I'm (finally) staying on track with eating healthy and losing some weight. Yeah! More time for crafting, less time spent eating!

Bette Costa said...

Great ideas. Enjoyed the video. The felt cupcake holders are too cute!

Karen Windness said...

Loves them coasters!!!

geogems said...

your blog is wonderous...thanks for inspiring me to use up some of those "too good to use" papers.

Sheila Goldsberry said...

I loved your blog and hope to see more of your table items! We have a few events coming up that I really want to kick up the details and you've given me some really great ideas! I also totally love the coasters!!!!

Pick me! Pick me!!!

Luisa said...

I have been following your blog for more than a year now and love your creations and business tips.

Love the table setting set and thanks for sharing!!!

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

Thank you Laura for doing this! You are an amazing friend.

Betsy said...

Love the ideas!!! So very cute!!!

Michele C said...

VERY cute stuff! so original.

m

Jodie R said...

What a great idea!! I could even plan a tea party when my sister and her daughter come out. That would be so fun!!

Angela Vance, #947 said...

Beautiful!

Kathleen Kibblehouse said...

So much good and useful info. The coasters are just adorable! Thanks for your generosity in all directions.

Teri Daughter of The King said...

Coasters are so cute, great job!